Tooth Extractions in Eden Prairie, MN
We Offer Quick And Painless
You might require tooth extractions in several situations. Common reasons include severe tooth decay, advanced gum disease, a fractured tooth beyond repair, or impacted wisdom teeth.
Extraction might also be necessary for orthodontic reasons, to create space for teeth alignment. Your dentist will recommend extraction if preserving the tooth isn’t feasible or if it’s in the best interest of your oral health.
After a tooth extraction, it’s normal to experience some discomfort and swelling for a few days. You might need over-the-counter pain relievers and cold compresses to manage these symptoms.
Avoid vigorous rinsing or drinking through a straw for the first 24 hours to prevent dislodging the blood clot that forms in the extraction site. Stick to soft foods and gradually reintroduce a regular diet as the area heals.
Be sure to follow your dentist’s post-extraction instructions for optimal healing and contact them if you experience any unusual symptoms or concerns.
- Dental implants are a durable and long-lasting solution that replaces the tooth root and crown. They offer stability and a natural appearance.
- Dental bridges are used to replace a missing tooth by anchoring onto adjacent teeth. They can restore the appearance and function of the missing tooth.
- Partial dentures are removable appliances and are used to replace multiple missing teeth within an arch. They provide flexibility and esthetics.
- For complete tooth loss in an arch, full dentures offer a comprehensive solution to restore your smile and bite.
- Temporary Solutions: Depending on your situation, your dentist might recommend a temporary solution like a flipper or a temporary partial denture.
Each option has its benefits and considerations. Your dentist can help you determine the best replacement choice based on your oral health, preferences, and specific needs.